Here is a list of some awesome research articles we have enjoyed by fellow researchers and practitioners:
1. What we can learn from quality issues of BPMN models from industry by Henrik Leopold, Jan Mendling, and Oliver Gunther.
2. How novices design business processes by Jan Recker, Norizan Safrudin, and Michael Rosemann.
3. Semantics and analysis of business process models in BPMN by Remco Dijkman, Marlon Dumas, and Chun Ouyang.
4. On the ontological expressiveness of conceptual modeling grammars for service productivity management by Jorg Becker, Danial Beverungen, Ralf Knackstedt, Hans Peter Rauer, and Daniel Sigge
5. An ontological model of an information system by Yair Wand and Ron Weber
Over the weekend, I read another great article that I thought you might enjoy:
1. Process mining using BPMN: relating event logs and process models by Anna Kalenkova, Wil der Aalst, Irina Lomazova, and Vladimir Rubin.